Wednesday 29 June 2011

I have learnt

Yesterday it rained in London. Now you would think that I would be used to a little rain by now. But seriously, just after midday, the skies opened up and a downpour of typhonic proportions hit.

So there I was, stranded, helpless, stood amongst the Yummy Mummies of Chelsea, underneath an awning, sheltering from the onslaught. After a few minutes of listening to their banter about the latest Petit Bateau collection, the trauma of their personal training session & their customary lunches at Wimbledon, I decided to make a run for it.

Fail.

I learnt many things in the few minutes that were to befall me during my journey from my cosy little shelter to my car across the road.


I have learnt that I am not a good looking wet person. I suspect that the whole notion of good hair after the rain is saved for those in cartoons & movies.




I have learnt that you should never chase your awol flip flop that has been held hostage by the rapids in the gutter. This causes people at the bus stop adjacent to think you are ridiculous. Just embrace the one shoe trend and walk away with dignity intact.



I have learnt that is crucial not to stand too close to a kerb when it has been raining. Bus > big, no huge puddle > saturated Amy {honestly, I only thought this happened in movies too}



I have learnt that it is always important to wear colour appropriate underwear if there is a slight chance of rain. I will say no more {nor will we ever speak of this again}.

I have learnt that when the weather forecast says sunshine & 24, you should think rain/hurricane style winds & 14. And always, always take an umbrella if you live in England.

So there you have it. Who knew one could learn so much in such a short space of time.

Much love,
Yours Saturated-ly

A
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment