Saturday 19 October 2013

To begin

So as you can probably tell, it's been a while since i have written. I honestly have no idea where the last year has gone. If i had to guess, it would be somewhere between the realms of a crazy-busy-mental work life, a little bit of travel (a lot of jet lag) and not so much sleep. 

And so, in light of the beautifully profound words of William Wordsworth, I have decided to make anew (again).



It's as simple and as complex as that.

I will begin!

Begin. What does that actually look like?

begin
bɪˈgɪn/
verb
1. perform or undergo the first part of (an action or activity).
synonyms: start, set about, go about, embark on, launch into, get down to, take up, turn one's hand to, undertake, tackle; initiate, set in motion,institute, inaugurate, get ahead with;
informal:get cracking on, get going on;
formal: commence



To me, it looks a little like hard work and it seems that sometimes the first step may even be the hardest, the longest and take the most courage. 

For me it is writing; letters, children's books, novels, articles > anything really. I will wipe the dust from my trusty laptop and get the coffee brewing and try to somehow find the time to sit back, breathe again and let the words and ideas flow - so please forgive the rustiness as i get my little groove back. 

Much love & loads of kisses x

No comments:

Post a Comment